Here is how I setup The Java Play Framework 2.1.1 on MacOS X.
Update: Installing though Homebrew takes care of everything for you — including all the path wrangling! But then where’s the fun in that!?
brew install play
- Download Play Framework zip file
- Expand zip file
- Move the folder play-2.1.1 to /usr/local
- Create .profile file in your home directory if it doesn’t exist yet:
$ touch .profile
- Add path to play framework to .profile
For basic edits I like Nano:
$ nano .profile
Ensure this line exists:
Ctrl+o to save
Ctrl+x to exit
- Reload the .profile file:
This trick works too:
- Check that $PATH has been updated
$ echo $PATH
- Check that Play Framework is available:
My expertise at this sort of thing is some way off, so any comments and feedback you might have is appreciated.